What we believe
Our beliefs are well summarised in the following statements:
1. We believe there is one God: who exists as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit; three persons in perfect unity.
2. We believe in the sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
3. We believe the Bible is God’s Word written, and has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
4. We believe that God made us for relationship with Him, relationship with each other, and relationship with the world.
5. We believe marriage is a gift from God for the exclusive lifelong union between a man and a woman. Marriage is the right context for the enjoyment of God's good gift of sex, and the ideal union for the raising of children.
6. We believe all people have turned their back on God in universal sinfulness and guilt since the fall, rendering us accountable to God's justice and judgement.
7. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God, God in the flesh.
8. We believe in his virgin birth, his real and sinless humanity; and his death on the cross for us.
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his physical return to the right hand of God the Father.
10. We believe that God rescues people from the guilt, penalty, power and pollution of sin only through the sacrificial death of the Lord Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute.
11. We believe that God declares people right with him by his grace through faith in Christ alone.
12 We believe in the essential work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in the individual sinner, granting them repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ.
13. We believe the Holy Spirit lives in the believer producing in them an increasing likeness to Christ in character and behaviour, and empowering them for works of service and their witness in the world.
14. We believe the universal church, the bride of Christ, is composed of all genuine followers of Jesus Christ and exists to worship, serve and glorify God.
15. We believe that God has called His church to be involved in His mission to make disciples of Jesus from people of all nations.
16. We believe in the future personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ to judge all people, and to establish his Kingdom in the new heavens and the new earth.