There is one unique and eternal God. He exists in an everlasting, loving relationship of Father, Son and Spirit - one God in three persons. God is sovereign in all things: including creation, revelation, redepmtion, judgement and the establishing of his kingdom. As sovereign, loving creator an dredeemer, He is worthy of all glory, honour and praise.
Men and women together are created in the image of God. Therefor they enjoy a unique dignity in creation and a unique relationship with God. Men and women together have dominion over the created oorder.
Tragically, human nature is universally sinful since the Fall and all are guilty before God. This leaves us under the wrath and condemnation of God. We are unable, without the prior regenerative work of God's Spirit, to turn ourselves to God.
About the BIBLE
There is no other way to know God unless He reveals Himself to us. The Bible is God's revelation to us. It is divinely inspired and infallible as originally given, and has supreme authority in matters of faith, conduct and experience. The Bible is sufficient for knowing God. It is not only central to the well-being of the church but is able to thoroughly equip the Christian community for life and godliness.
About JESUS CHRIST
Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He is both fully God and fully human. Jesus entered fully into human experience. He endured temptation and He suffered and died. He was perfectly obedient to God His Father. Jesus took on Himself the consequences of human sin. He died and was buried. On the third day He physically rose from the dead and is now exalted as ruler over all in His fully perfected resurrected body. He will again in glory to judge the living and the dead.
About the SPIRIT
The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son and indwells all true believers. His role is to bring glory to Jesus Christ thus making Jesus Christ central in all things. The Spirit works to illuminate believers' minds to grasp the truth of Scripture, producing in them His furit, granting them His gifts and empowering them for His service. He grants His gifts for the purpose of service, not self indulgence. Not every gift of the Spirit is given to th echurch at every moment of its life, only those necessary for building the church, Christ's body. Their use is determined - not by personal desire for fulfilment, or satisfaction - but by the principle of building the church.
Our beliefs are well summarised in the following statements:
1. We believe there is one God: who exists as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit; three persons in perfect unity.
2. We believe in the sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
3. We believe the Bible is God’s Word written, and has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
4. We believe that God made us for relationship with Him, relationship with each other, and relationship with the world.
5. We believe marriage is a gift from God for the exclusive lifelong union between a man and a woman. Marriage is the right context for the enjoyment of God's good gift of sex, and the ideal union for the raising of children.
6. We believe all people have turned their back on God in universal sinfulness and guilt since the fall, rendering us accountable to God's justice and judgement.
7. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God, God in the flesh.
8. We believe in his virgin birth, his real and sinless humanity; and his death on the cross for us.
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his physical return to the right hand of God the Father.
10. We believe that God rescues people from the guilt, penalty, power and pollution of sin only through the sacrificial death of the Lord Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute.
11. We believe that God declares people right with him by his grace through faith in Christ alone.
12 We believe in the essential work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in the individual sinner, granting them repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ.
13. We believe the Holy Spirit lives in the believer producing in them an increasing likeness to Christ in character and behaviour, and empowering them for works of service and their witness in the world.
14. We believe the universal church, the bride of Christ, is composed of all genuine followers of Jesus Christ and exists to worship, serve and glorify God.
15. We believe that God has called His church to be involved in His mission to make disciples of Jesus from people of all nations.
16. We believe in the future personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ to judge all people, and to establish his Kingdom in the new heavens and the new earth.